Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Breaking Out of Maintenance Mode

I'm just reflecting on the events of this long weekend. It's been a full weekend, but still somehow so relaxing. Even though I feel like everything I've done has really had purpose, it's somehow still been such an easy-going time.

I just feel so covered in the Father's love. He has called me, led me, provided for me, and blessed me beyond measure, and I have been especially aware of that this past weekend.

I made plans to visit a friend that is helping me make a business idea a reality. We worked hard to get things rolling with that, but also never seemed to miss out on time to have meaningful conversation and fun in the sun this Memorial Day.

The whole weekend has seemed to be full of little love notes and gifts from the Father. I met some new people that I am certain will not only be lifelong friends, but also seem to be the kind of friends that are placed in my life for reasons affecting destiny. The Father created us for relationship--first with Him, but also with others--and sometimes we meet people that are clearly His choice for those relationships. From the very first moment of meeting these people it felt organic and real. This made it so hard to leave and get back to the routine of my daily life, but the Lord is reminding me how every little step we take affects the next step. I know that going into this week, I am equipped with something that I didn't have before.

I love that my Father has created me as one part of the body of Christ. Every bit of who I am and what I have to offer to the Kingdom of God affects how the entire body moves. It gives such a sense of purpose and reminds me that we are all so very special. It's impossible to fathom how many different paths that are contingent upon our actions, words, and prayers.

This weekend has been a special marker in time for me, simply because I was able to step out of my usual routine--nose to the grindstone, maintenance mode way of living. I just feel so refreshed and ready to see beyond what I may have thought my "purpose" is. The Father's dream for His children is so much greater than what we see for ourselves in the natural. My prayer this week is that I will open my eyes to the path that He has laid before me. The path marked by these supernatural realizations of who I am, who I influence, and what the real purpose is in what I am doing day to day.

This maintenance mode is purposeful in itself, but not a place that we are to camp out in for long. It rolls around in seasons. We have to lift our eyes above what is happening in the natural and question our human mind's logic. Sometimes God's plans don't seem to make sense, but that's how we get to see Him operate supernaturally in our lives. We step out in faith regardless of what the logical outcome is, and the Holy Spirit fills that gap that our human minds can't seem to occupy. We may look at our lives and think that what we see doesn't add up to our own expectations, but His voice is calling out to us, telling us to look above the natural circumstances. I hear Him telling me that even though the circumstances of my life in this season seem to just be surviving instead of thriving, He is stirring the heavens and preparing my heart for a new season. He's aligning me with people that are important in the next season, and strengthening relationship with those that I am already aligned with.

So I encourage anyone out there that feels like they are surviving instead of thriving to look up--above the natural circumstances, look into His eyes and listen to His voice. He is giving strategy to those that in this time, can venture out of the logical, human mind and into the supernatural. Break out of the maintenance mode simply by realizing that there is so much more happening in those actions, words, and prayers that you are offering to the Kingdom! Be strengthened, encouraged, and receive the vision He desires for your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I am the friend that helped with the business plans this weekend. I really couldn't articulate my feelings about the way our work and ministry and connections and travel felt so heavy-laden with purpose and laced with the levity of true heart friendship. I believe in covenant with our Lord, out of the flow of His Spirit, we tasted, truly, what it is to rule from a place of rest in Him. I could get used to living life this way! The koinonia of His Spirit is truly a river of Living Waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lskdfjl;aksjdf ;lksjf;lkasj fal;ksjf alksjdf lakjdflkajsf laksdjf laskdfjl;askjdf ;alskdfj a;lskfj a;lsdkfjal;skfjl;asdkjfl;ksajdf;laksdjf ;laskdjfal;skdjf ;laksjdf ;alskdfj;alskdfj ;laskdjf;la skfj;alskdfj l;askjf ;laskdfj ;laksfj a;lskfj;laskdfj ;alskdfj ;alskdfj ;laskjdf ;laskdfj ;alskjf ;alskdfj l;kjdsf;laksdjfl;aksjdfl;kajsdfl;kajsfl;kajsdf

    Home keys because sometimes words are a pathetic means to transport thoughts, love, dreams, ideas, and extreme, violently whole hearted agreement.
    l;askdfj;lasdkfja;lsdkfja;lsdkfj;alsdkfj;alsdkfj;alskdfj;laskdfj;laksdjf;laksdjf;laksdjfl;kasdjf;laksdjlfja;lsdkfj;laskdjf;laksdjf;laksjdf;lkajsdf;lakjsdfl;

    yeah... for sure

    ReplyDelete