Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Look Again!

He is moving us, shifting us into a new season.

I read these words in the days to follow this blessed time in His anointing when He showed us the honey:

“Rapid success from a small beginning will be as sweet as honey!” ~Chuck Pierce

In the book Come Walk With Me: A Journey Into Intimacy by Jacqueline Varnedoe, she quotes Chuck Pierce referring to a time just before the STYOR Conference in 2009, when some of those on the prayer team saw a hummingbird in the tent during a 1-3am prayer watch. Then, just as these guys were telling Chuck about the bird, his wife, Pam called to tell him that she was watching the rain outside her kitchen window, and there was a hummingbird hovering and watching her! The quote explained the prophetic significance of the hummingbird.

What is it that He is beginning in us? Where is it that He is leading? As we walk out of this last season, we ask Him to end this spiritual drought within us. In the midst of this new beginning, we press into His side. We will not despise a small beginning. We lift our eyes, and LOOK at all the signs around us. We look above our current circumstances and obstacles, and know that the new season requires a new perspective. We choose to taste the sweetness of His honey. We choose to release the word of the Lord with boldness and clarity. We believe that He is showing us new ways to get over the ruts in the road that may have tripped us up in the past.

We draw near to Him with the knowledge that intimacy with Him is the key to our security and provision.

In the book of Ruth, Naomi and her husband left home to live in a land of strangers in order to survive a famine. We don’t know if they left out of fear of the lack of provision, or by His guidance, but I believe that they were trusting God to lead. After 10 years, Naomi returned with Ruth to her homeland because she heard of the blessings of the Lord on the harvest. She had lost her husband and her two sons, and grieved deeply for this loss, but didn’t let that loss keep her from moving forward. Naomi had to make a choice: she could draw close to God, or she could turn away from Him and become bitter. We have this same choice when facing tragedy or daily struggles. Naomi’s future was unknown to her, but she went home at the start of the harvest time.

God’s timing is so perfect. He prepared a new beginning both in the natural and in the spiritual.

He is providing a new beginning for us today, both in the natural and in the spiritual. We may have made a move to survive the famine, but He is giving us news of a plentiful harvest. We choose honey instead of locusts! We choose to draw near to Him, and ask Him for this honey to saturate us!

I don’t normally ask the Lord for specific signs, but in my desperate prayers yesterday, I asked Him to show me a hummingbird this week. I just really wanted to know for sure that this word was for us in this season. I am amazed that I am able to say that I just saw my hummingbird!

It was raining so beautifully earlier. My sister even commented on the beauty as we watched it out the window. After the rain had subsided, I was playing with my niece in the living room, when I glanced out the window to see the tiny little thing. We have trees with purple blooms on them just outside our apartment window, and a hummingbird was hovering over them just next to our window. I tried to get a picture with my phone, but the glare on the window was interfering.

It didn’t even matter. I lifted my eyes, and I saw the sign right there in front of me! I am thankful for this special gift from the Father, and for this new perspective. I’m so thankful that I LOOKED AGAIN!

1 comment:

  1. thanks. i think i feel like something's wrong with me or i'm "missing it" in the small beginnings. thx for this! looks like your writer's block is breaking (i;
    p.s. pray i find i more fulfilling job...soon.

    ReplyDelete